Taxes and Creditors
Articles - FAQs
- Are life insurance and jointly-held property considered part of the estate of the deceased, and thus subject to the estate tax?
- I owed a debt to a friend who recently died. Do I still owe the money to someone?
- Am I liable for the debts of a deceased parent or spouse?
- Do beneficiaries have to pay creditors out of their own pocket if the estate is insolvent?
- How are estate creditors handled?
- How should federal and state tax matters be handled in probate?
- When There Are Not Enough Assets to Cover the Deceaseds Debts, and There Is a Will