General Life Insurance Questions
Articles - FAQs
- Can I buy a life insurance policy on someone else's life? What is an "insurable interest"?
- Can I name any beneficiary I choose on my life insurance policy?
- I was denied life insurance recently because, as a minor, I had been committed for attempted suicide. That incident occurred a number of years earlier. Can the company after a lapse of so many years use mental health as a reason to deny my application?
- Is a physical exam needed for a life insurance policy?
- Life insurance companies do a process called underwriting. What does that entail?
- Life insurance seems complicated -- what are the basics?
- My mom is applying for a life insurance policy for my father who, up until now, has been the picture of health. A recent medical examination however showed an inoperable growth, which may be cancerous. What happens if my mom lies on the medical questions?
- Should a minor child be named as a beneficiairy of life insurance proceeds?
- What are exclusions and limitations and how do they affect my life insurance coverage?
- What factors are considered in individual life insurance underwriting?
- What if a person lies about smoking or tobacco use when applying for a life insurance policy?
- What if the insured lied about his age?
- What is a life insurance policy?
- What is individual life insurance?
- Why are life insurance companies regulated by the government?