What types of cases do small claims courts typically hear?
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!
Fast, Free, and Confidential
Small claims courts frequently hear disputes such as these:
(1) a laundry service loses a customer's shirts but refuses to pay for them, or is willing to pay an amount that the customer thinks is inadequate;
(2) a landlord improperly refuses to return a tenant's security deposit;
(3) a driver who hit a parked car won't pay to repair the fender;
(4) the new luggage you bought breaks, and the store says "tough luck";
(5) a doctor charged $1,800, the health insurer says $650 is "reasonable and customary" and won't pay one cent more, and the doctor is "dunning" you;
(6) the kid next door hits a baseball through your window, his parents say its his responsibility and that he has to pay out of his weekly $2 allowance - it would take 10 years to collect.