The IRS wants to file a lien against me. What do I do?

The IRS will file a lien against you when you continue to ignore them. You should receive notice of intention to place the lien with 30 days to protest the action. If you disagree with the placement of the lien, you can protest the action with the Manager of the Revenue Officer placing the lien. But you must do so within the requisite time frames. If you still disagree, you can appeal the lien to the Appeal's Office and then to the Tax Court and further to U.S. District Court. If you choose to go further with protesting the lien, it is strongly recommended that you retain counsel familiar with the IRS Code and rules and procedures in appearing before the requisite courts. Time is of the essence. You must adhere to the guidelines or you will loose your rights to protest.